Library of Roy H W Johnston
revised and updated 16/03/2010
We list these in groups in order of date of original publication. The grouping is subject to change as the list develops. Numerical prefixes indicate library interests; 1 RDS, 2 Notre Dame Irish Studies in Dublin, 3 indicates family retention interest, 4 Quakers, 5 Labour History Society, 6 indicates interest by Boston College Irish Studies in Dublin; anyone interested should contact RHWJ at e-mail rjtechne at iol dot ie. NB the existence of an expressed interest by a niche library does not imply a final decision has been made. RJ.
General European Historical and Philosophical Background (case 2, front room downstairs)
T Hobbes 1651, Leviathan; ed Pogson Smith, Oxford/Clarendon 1909-29; Hollander Collection.
J-J Rousseau 1762, Social Contract; 1984 US edition, along with Discourse on Political Economy.
RW Emerson 1841, Essays, 1st & 2nd series; JM Dent, London, 1906.
Herbert Spencer 1854-9, Essays on Education; Everyman/Dent 1911-46; Hollander collection.
Ernest Renan 1863, The Life of Jesus; Watts, London, 1935-47, TW Moody collection.
PW Joyce; Old Celtic Romances; Longmans Green, 1907.
HG Wells 1920-24, Outline of History; 4 volumes, Macmillan, 4th edition.
V Gordon Childe:
. 1942-48 What Happened in History; Pelican, London.
. 1944 Progress and Archaeology; Watts, London.
David Thomson 1957; Europe Since Napoleon, Pelican 1966-75.
JR Hale 1961, Machiavelli and Renaissance Italy; Pelican 1972.
WH van de Pol 1964, World Protestantism; Sheed & Ward, 1964.
Hubert Marcuse 1964, One Dimensional Man; Sphere Books, London.
(5) E Rumpf & AC Hepburn 1977; Nationalism and Socialism in 20th Century Ireland; Liverpool UP. (missing)
Roy Medvedev 1979, The October Revolution; Constable, London.
Mikhail Gorbachev 1987, Perestroika: new thinking etc; Collins.
3. (5) Maire MacSweeney Brugha; History's Daughter; O'Brien Press 2005.
Treaty of Lisbon; National Forum on Europe, Chairman's Report 2008.
Joe Johnston's Published Works
(These are mostly in the Linen Hall Library; the ones listed here are additional copies which I have retained, currently in case 2, shelf 1, right.
Civil War in Ulster; Sealy Bryers & Walker, Dublin 1913, fragile pb, donated by JJ to D M Carmody;
. reprinted UCD Press 1999; available in part here and in Century knowledge-base.
Food Production in France in Time of War; Maunsel, 1916.
A Groundwork of Economics; Educational Co of Ireland, 1926.
The Nemesis of Economic Nationalism; pamphlet, Talbot Press, 1933 (public lecture)
The Nemesis of Economic Nationalism; PS King & son, London, 1934 (2 copies).
The Compleat Angler: the Tutorial System; Jack Point (ie JJ); Dublin UP 1935.
Price Ratios in Recent Irish Agricultural Experience; reprint from Economic Journal, Dec 1937.
Irish Agriculture, Then and Now; in The Manchester School, Oct 1940.
Post-War Planning in Irish Agriculture; Irish Independent article series; pamphlet circa 1946;
. includes JJ and other authors incl JN Greene, Dr Henry Kennedy, Capt ER Orpen....
Irish Agriculture in Transition; Blackwell, London, 1951 (2 copies).
Wealth from the Land; reprint of 18 articles from the Irish Times by JJ et al, circa 1954.
The Sickness of the Irish Economy; Irish Association, 1957 (5 copies)
Why Ireland Needs the Common Market; Mercier Press, Cork, 1962 (annotated copy)
Irish Economic Headaches: a Diagnosis; Aisti Eireannacha II, 1966.
Bishop Berkeley's Querist in Historical Perspective; Dundalgan Press, 1970.
Dictionary of International Biography, Vol 1; Melrose Press 1973 (JJ entry therein).
Shelf 2, left:
Martin Bernal 1987-91, Black Athena: the Afro-Asiatic Roots of Classical Civilization (2 vols); Free Association.
Specifically Irish-related background history; case 2, shelf 2, middle, right:
This group should be considered in association with with the recent historical group; an argument could be made for dividing the groups by reference to some date, perhaps World War 2; in fact a case could be made for an integrated approach to all material relating to the Irish historical background. I may get around to doing this.
Ben Kiely 1945; Counties of Contention; Mercier 2004, intro by John Hume.
TA Jackson 1947, Ireland Her Own; Cobbett Press. London.
Cecil Woodham-Smith 1962, The Great Hunger; Four Square 1965.
Sean Cronin 1980; Irish Nationalism; Academy Press (Pluto).
JM Feehan 1981, The Shooting of Michael Collins: Murder or Accident? Mercier, Cork.
Elaine McClure; Bodies in Our Backyard; Ulster Society, 1993 (war record).
Stephen Campbell; The Great Irish Famine; Famine Museum 1994.
Deirdre Kelly; Four Roads to Dublin; O/'Brien Press, 1996.
Brian Jenkins; The Fenian Problem: Insurgence & Terrorism in the Liberal State; Liverpool UP 2009.
Kieran Sheedy 1988, Upon the Mercy of Government (Michael Dwyer); RTE.
JJ Lee 1989, Ireland 1912-1985: Politics and Society; Cambridge UP.
Paul Bew, Ken Darwin & Gordon Gillespie; Passion and Prejudice 1993; Inst of Irish Studies, Belfast.
. 1993, A Deeper Silence: the Hidden Origins of the United Irishmen; Blackstaff.
. 2004, From the United Irishmen to 20th Century Unionism; Four Courts Press. Dublin.
Stephen Campbell 1994; The Great Irish Famine; Famine Museum, Strokestown.
Nicholas Allen 2003, George Russell and the New Ireland, 1905-30; Four Courts, Dublin.
Dennis Kennedy (ed); 2004 Nothing but Trouble: religion and the Irish question; Irish Association.
Irene Whelan 2005, The Bible Wars in Ireland (...1800-1940); Lilliput Press, Dublin.
Roy H W Johnston 2006; Century of Endeavour; Tyndall/Lilliput.
Explicitly Related to Century Book; Shelf 3, left:
. Labour in Irish History; Maunsel 1910;
. Labour, Nationality & Religion; New Books 1954-69.
George O'Brien 1945, Some Queries Regarding Cheap Money; reprint from Studies, Dec 1945.
Ben Kiely 1945; Counties of Contention; Mercier 2004.
KC Bailey; A History of Trinity College, Dublin; DUP & Hodges Figgis, 1947 (JJ's).
MJ Costello 1953 (pamphlet, JJ annotated), Farming Programme for Ireland; Irish Sugar Co.
Richard Rose 1971, Governing Without Consensus: an Irish Perspective; Faber & Faber.
C Desmond Greaves:
. The Irish Crisis; Lawrence & Wishart, 1972;
. The Irish Transport and General Workers' Union: the Formative Years; Gill & Macmillan for ITGWU, 1982.
Denis Barritt 1982; Northern Ireland: a Problem to Every Solution; Quaker Peace & Service, 1982.
MJ Akbar 1988; Nehru: the Making of India; Viking, London.
A History of St Columba's College; GK White; Old Columban Society, 1980.
(ed) Desmond Rea 1983, Political Co-operation in Divided Societies; Gill & Macmillan.
John Hume 1996: Personal Views etc; intros by Douglas Gageby & Ted Kennedy, Town House.
Mary E Daly 1997, The Spirit of Earnest Inquiry; SSISI.
Donal McCartney 1999; UCD: a National Idea; Gill & Macmillan.
GK Peatling 2000; New Liberalism, JL Hammond and the Irish Problem, 1897-1949; Blackwell, Historical Research, February 2000.
Terence Dooley 2004, The Land for the People: the land question in independent Ireland; UCD Press.
Sean Swan; Official Republicanism; Lulu.com 2006.
Brian Hanley & Scott Millar 2009; The Lost Revolution; Penguin, Ireland.
Biography etc; Shelf 3, right:
Biographies here have usually a political dimension related to the Century project, one way or another. There are other biographical groupings in the literary and scientific areas.
(5) William Morris, romantic to revolutionary; E P Thompson 1955; Pantheon, New York, 1976, (missing).
Fiery Cross: the Story of Jim Larkin; Joseph Deasy, New Books Publications 1963, Dublin.
Joseph biographical novel based on life of Stalin); Mervyn Jones, Jonathan Cape 1970.
Thomas Johnson; J Anthony Gaughan; Kingdon Books, 1980.
Patricia Cockburn married to Claude Cockburn, Figure of Eight; Brandon 1985.
Solzhenitsyn; Michael Scammell, Collins/Grafton/Paladin, London, 1986.
Michael Collins; Tim Pat Coogan, Hutchinson 1990.
Teilhard de Chardin 1994; Ristead O Glaisne; Coisceim; as gaeilge; ta abhar ann faoi Kelleher agus mise RJ.
Denis Carroll 1995, The Man from God Knows Where: Thomas Russell 1767-1803; Gartan (Columba Press).
Memoirs of Senator JG Douglas; JA Gaughan (ed), UCD Press, 1998, JJ5.
William of Orange: a Dedicated Life; Cecil Kilpatrick, Education Committee of GOL, 1998.
Gerry Adams: Hope and History (autobiog); Brandon, 2003.
3. Plunkett Family; memoir by Geraldine Plunkett Dillon 1891-1986, ed Honor O Brolchain; A&A Farmar, Dublin, 2006.
Sir Horace Plunkett; Maurice Colbert; samizdat, perhaps with ICOS blessing, 2009.
Shelf 4, left: Hollander collection (Humanist flavour)...
JG Frazer; Psyche's Task (superstition and institutions); Macmillan, London, 1909.
J Arthur Thomson; Darwinism & Human Life (South African Lectures 1909); Melrose, London, 1909.
W P Montague; The Ways of Knowing or the Methods of Philosophy; Allen & Unwin, London, 1925.
Viscount Haldane; Human Experience; John Murray, Londin, 1926.
Herbert W Carr; Changing Backgroounds in Religion and Ethics; Macmillan, London, undated but circa 1920s.
J Gordon Hayes; Institutional Christianity in England; Richards, London, 1930.
Ernest Crawley; Oath, Curse and Blessing; Watts, London, 1934.
J Lewis, K Polanyi & DK Kitchin (eds); Christianity and the Social Revolution; Gollancz 1935
David Forsyth; Psychology and Religion; Watts, London. 1935.
Sir James Jeans et al; Scientific Progress; Allen & Unwin 1935.
TG Masaryk; Modern Man and Religion; (tr A Bibza & V Benes); Allen & Unwin, London, 1938.
Lord Raglan; Jocasta's Crime: an anthropological study; Watts, London, 1940.
Shelf 5: Literature from the Americas
listed in general.htm#amerlit
Shelf 6: JJ's Nenagh books (1972)
listed in jjviamcc.htm#booksjjmcc72
Transferred, or for eventual transfer:
Those coded 1 are for the RDS, 2 have been transferred to Notre Dame (Dublin), also 6 to Boston College, (Dublin); 5 have been transferred to the Labour History Society.
6. James Stephens; American Diary, Brooklyn 1859; ed Marta Ramon; UCD Press 2009.
6. George Moore 1887, Parnell and his Island; ed Carla King, UCD Press 2004.
6. James Connolly 1910; Labour in Irish History; New Books, Dublin, 1967.
6. WS Kerr 1931; The Independence of the Celtic Church in Ireland; SPCK, London.
6. Labhras O Nuallain 1952, Ireland: Finances of Partition; Clonmore & Reynolds, Dublin.
6. (ed) Donal Nevin 1964, Jim Larkin and the Dublin Lockout; Workers Union of Ireland.
6. Maire Comerford 1969, The First Dail; Joe Clarke.
6. Nollaig O Gadhra 1976, John Boyle O'Reilly agus an Glor Gael-Mheiriceanach; Foilseachain Naisiunta.
6. T J Morrissey SJ 1983; Towards a National University: William Delaney SJ (1835-1924); Wolfhound Press, Dublin.
6. Joe Joyce & Peter Murtagh 1983, The Boss: Charles J Haughey in Government; Poolbeg Press.
6. Fergus Kelly 1988; A Guide to Early Irish Law; Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies.
6. (ed) Brendan Clifford:
6. Cork Free Press, 1910-16, reprints relating to AFIL, Athol 1984.
6. Roger Casement, 1914; The Crime Against Europe; Athol Books 2002.
To Labour History (code 5, boxed and delivered):
5 Misha Glenny 1992, The Fall of Yugoslavia; Penguin.
5. C Desmond Greaves:
. 1961, Life and Times of James Connolly; Lawrence & Wishart, London.
. 1971 Liam Mellows and the Irish Revolution; Lawrence & Wishart.
5. The Irish Labour Movement, WP Ryan, Talbot Press, v tattered copy, circa 1920.
5. (ed) Donal Nevin 1964, Jim Larkin and the Dublin Lockout; Workers Union of Ireland.
5. Brian Hanley & Scott Millar 2009; The Lost Revolution; Penguin-Ireland.(2nd copy).
5. Standish O'Grady 1912; To the Leaders of our Working People; EA Hagan (ed), UCD Press 2002.
5. Roger Eatwell 1996; Fascism - a History; Vintage.
5. EH Carr 1979, The Russian Revolution from Lenin to Stalin, 1917-29; Macmillan.
5. Eric Hobsbawm:
. Age of Extremes 1994: The Short 20thC 1914-1991; Abacus, London.
. On History 1997; Abacus, London.
. Interesting Times (autobiog); Abacus 2002, (2 copies).
. Globalisation, Democracy and Terrorism 2007; Abacus 2008.
5. Beatrice & Sidney Webb 1935, Soviet Communism: a New Civilisation? TU edition.
5. Hugh Thomas 1961, The Spanish Civil War; Eyre & Spottiswood 1961, Penguin 1965.
5. Oscar J Hammen 1969, The Red '48ers: Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels; Scribners, NY.
5. Archibald Robertson:
. 1949 The French Revolution; Watts, London.
. 1953 The Origins of Christianity; Lawrence & Wishart, London.
5. George Woodcock 1977, The Anarchist Reader; Fontana/Collins.
5. Christopher Hill 1947, Lenin and the Russian Revolution; Hodder & Stoughton, London.
5. CP Fitzgerald 1952; The Birth of Communist China; Pelican 1964-7.
5. Alex Rabinowitch 1976 (US ed), The Bolsheviks Come to Power; NLB London 1979.
5. J-J Rousseau 1762 ,Social Contract; intro GDH Cole, Everyman/Dent 1913-46; Hollander Collection.
5. Thomas Paine:
. 1782 The Rights of Man; Watts, London, 1937-49.
. 1795 The Age of Reason; Watts, London, 1938-45.
5. Richard Harrison:
. Irish Anti-War Movements, 1824-1974; Irish Peace Publications, 1986.
. The Richardsons of Bessbrook: Ulster Quakers in the Linen Industry; samizdat 2008.
5. David Howell 1986, A Lost Left: 3 studies in nationalism and socialism; Manchester UP.
. this was reviewed by RJ in Books Ireland circa Nov 1986; a more detailed review exists done for Saothar.
5. Eoin Neeson 1966, The Civil War in Ireland; Mercier Press, Cork.
5. Tom Garvin 1996; 1922 - the Birth of Irish Democracy; Gill & Macmillan, JJ5.
5. James Connolly 1910, Labour, Nationality and Religion; New Books 1954, 1969, 2 copies.
5. Conor Cruise O'Brien 1994; Ancestral Voices; Poolbeg.
5. CJ O'Donnell & Brendan Clifford 1992; Ireland in the Great War; Athol Books, 1992.
5. Terence MacSwiney 1910-11 / 1921, Principles of Freedom; Irish Book Bureau, 1964.
5. Frank Robbins 1977 (Under the Starry Plough); Academy Press.
5. Sean Cronin 1980, Frank Ryan; Repsol/Skellig.
5. Carlton Younger 1968, Ireland's Civil War; pb Fontana 1986.
5. Liam de Paor 1970, Divided Ulster; Penguin.
5. Thomas Pakenham; The Year of Liberty (1798 etc); Granada 1969.
5. Joseph Lee 1973, The Modernisation of Irish Society 1848-1918; Gill & Macmillan.
5. Michael O'Riordan 1979, Connolly Column (Irish who fought for the Spanish Republic); New Books, Dublin.
5. Robert Kee on Parnell 1993; The Laurel and the Ivy: Hamish Hamilton, London.
5. Richard Pankhurst 1954, William Thompson (1775-1833): Pioneer Socialist; Pluto Press 1991.
5. Claude Cockburn 1957 (autobiog), In Time of Trouble; Readers Union, Rupert Hart-Davis, London.
5. Con Cremin: Ireland's Wartime Diplomat; Niall Keogh, Mercier Press, 2006.
5. Dorothy Macardle, a Life; Nadia Clara Smith; Woodfil;ed Press, Dublin, 2007.
5. Mary Robinson: a President with a Purpose; Fergus Finlay, O'Brien Press, 1990.
5. The Life and Death of Petra Kelly; Sara Parkin, Pandora, London, 1994.
5. A Soldier of Liberty; Peter O'Connor (Spanish Civil War), MSF, 15 Merrion Sq, Dublin 2, 1996.
5. Thanks for the Tea, Mrs Browne; Phyllis Browne, New Island Books, 1998.
Delivered to Notre Dame:
2. Thomas Davis (1845?), The Patriot Parliament of 1689, ed Gavan Duffy, Sealy Bryers & Walker, Dublin, 1893.
2. John Mitchell:
. 1854, Jail Journal; preface by Arthur Griffith, MH Gill, Dublin, no date given.
. 1860+?, The Last Conquest of Ireland (perhaps); Burns, Oates & Washbourne, London, author's edition, pb.
2. Paschal Grousset, 1887; Ireland's Disease: the English in Ireland;
. intro by translator Constance Farrington Conner; Blackstaff Press, 1986.
2. Erskine Childers 1903; The Riddle of the Sands; Sidgwick & Jackson, 1972.
2. Anna Parnell 1907, The Tale of a Great Sham; ed Dana Hearne, Arlen House, 1986.
2. Rev Robert O'Loughran 1919; Redmond's Vindication; Talbot Press, Dublin.
2. History of Dungannon; JJ Marshall, Tyrone Courier and Dungannon News, 1929.
2. RA Anderson 1935; With Plunkett in Ireland: the Co-op Organiser's Story; Irish Academic Press 1983, JJ5.
2. HG Leask 1951, Irish Castles; Dundalgan Press.
2. Desmond Clarke, 1951; Thomas Prior 1681-1751; Three Candles for the RDS.
2. Tyrone Precinct; WR Hutchinson, Erskine Mayne, Belfast, 1951.
2. H Montgomery Hyde 1953, Carson; Constable, London, 1974.
2. G A Hayes-McCoy 1964; The Irish at War (Thomas Davis Lectures), Mercier.
2. Donaghmore; Eamon O Doibhlin; Irish World, Dungannon, 1968.
2. Keith Middlemas (ed) 1971, Thomas Jones Whitehall Diary; Oxford UP.
2. Muriel McCarthy 1980, All Graduates and Gentlemen: Marsh's Library; O'Brien Press.
2. Donal McCartney 1983, The NUI and Eamonn de Valera; UP of Ireland.
2. CC Trench 1986, The Great Dan (biog of Daniel O'Connell); Triad Grafton, London.
2. John Anderson - Entrepreneur; Niall Brunicardi, Eigse Books, Fermoy, 1987.
2. John Dunlop 1995, A Precarious Belonging: Presbyterians and the Conflict in Ireland; Blackstaff.
2. Roger Blaney 1996, Presbyterians and the Irish Language; Ulster Historical Foundation.
2. Hazel: A Life of Lady Lavery; Sinead McCoole; Lilliput Press, 1996.
2. Deeds Not Words: the Life and Works of Muriel Gahan; Geraldine Mitchell, Town House, 1997.
Transferred also to ND, despite ILHS interest; the latter have agreed to defer to the overall Irish Studies requirements; this can perhaps be looked at again in the event that an integrated catalogue network develops:
2. AE Dobbs 1881:
. 1881 Home Rule, Imperial and National; Spottiswood, London; reprinted Ponsonby & Gibbs, Dublin UP 1908, JJ5.
. 1910 Real Representation for Great Britain and Ireland; Ponsonby, Dublin, JJ5;
(both Dobbs books are signed Rev WP Carmody, with author's compliments, indicating an interest in Home Rule by my sister's father-in-law, the Dean of Down. RJ.)
2. Joseph Danieffe NY 1906, Personal Narrative of the IRB; Irish UP, Shannon, 1969.
2. PS O'Hegarty 1924; The Victory of Sinn Fein; UCD Press 1998.
2. George Dangerfield 1935; The Strange Death of Liberal England; Serif 1997.
2. T de Vere White 1948, Kevin O'Higgins: strong man in the Free State...; Anvil 1966.
2. Michael Sheehy ~1949, Divided We Stand: a Study of Partition; fwd by JJ Horgan, Faber & Faber.
2. FSL Lyons:
. 1960-62 The Fall of Parnell 1890-91; Routledge & Kegan Paul.
. 1973 Ireland Since the Famine; Collins/Fontana 1973.
. 1977 Charles Stewart Parnell; Collins/Fontana.
2. Frank Pakenham 1962; Peace by Ordeal; Chapman, London.
2. Dan Breen; My Fight for Irish Freedom; (Talbot 1924) Anvil pb 1964.
2. Maurice Craig 1969, Dublin 1660-1860; Allen Figgis, Dublin.
2. Lewis P Curtis jr 1971, Apes and Angels: the Irishman in Victorian Caricature; David & Charles, Newton Abbot.
2. ATQ Stewart, The Ulster Crisis (1912-14); Blackstaff 1967; reprint 1997.
2. Andrew Boyle 1977, The Riddle of Erskine Childers; Hutchinson, JJ5.
2. P Bew & H Patterson 1982, Sean Lemass and the Makings of Modern Ireland; Gill & Macmillan.
2. John Bowman 1982; De Valera and the Ulster Quesion; Clarendon Press, Oxford.
2. (ed) PJ Drudy 1982, Ireland: Land, Politics and People; Cambridge UP; RJ review in BooksI circa May 83.
2. Noel Browne 1986, Against the Tide; Gill & Macmillan.
2. Paisley; Ed Moloney & Andy Pollak, Poolbeg 1986.
2. Catherine Shannon 1988, Arthur J Balfour and Ireland; CUA Press, JJ5.
2. Brendan Clifford 1989, Belfast in the French Revolution; Belfast Historical and Educational Assoc.
2. Wolfe Tone; Marianne Elliott; Yale UP, 1989.
2. Vivienne Abbott 1989, An Irishman's Revolution: the Abbe Edgeworth and Louis XVI; Kavanagh Press, Dublin.
2. Liam Swords 1989, The Green Cockade: the Irish in the French Revolution 1789-1815; Glendale.
2. Flann Campbell 1991, The Dissenting Voice; Blackstaff.
2. Sean MacBride:
. AJ Jordan, Blackwater Press, 1993.
. Sean MacBride: That Day's Struggle; ed Catriona Lawlor, Curragh Press, 2005.
. An Irish Statesman and Revolutionary; Elizabeth Keane, Taurus, London & New York, 2006.
2. Mary Robinson: the Life and Times of an Irish Liberal; Michael O'Sullivan, Blackwater Press, 1993.
2. Memoir: my Life and Themes; Conor Cruise O'Brien, Poolbeg Press, 1998.
2. Noel Browne: Passionate Outsider; John Horgan; Gill & Macmillan 2000.
transferred to Una Johnston Nov 2010:
Thomas Pakenham 1991(?); The Scramble for Africa; Abacus, London.
Robert Kee on Parnell 1993; The Laurel and the Ivy: Hamish Hamilton, London.
Sidney Gifford Czira, The Years Flew By; Gifford and Craven, Dublin 1974.
Eric Hobsbawm; Interesting Times (autobiog); Abacus 2002.
Longitude; Dava Sobel, Fourth Estate, 1996-8.
Naomi Klein; No Logo (no space, choice, jobs...); Flamingo 2000.
Lewis Mumford 1938, The Culture of Cities; Secker & Warburg, London, 1938-45 (school prize).
The Story of the Abbey Theatre; Sean McCann; Four Square, 1967; pb.
My Apprenticeship; Maxim Gorky 1916, FLPH, Moscow, 1952.
My Universities; Maxim Gorky 1923, FLPH, Moscow, 1952.
M Gorky Selected Works, FLPH, Moscow, 1948.
Robert Lloyd Praeger; The Way that I Went; Hodges Figgis, Dublin 1947.
Daphne Pochin Mould; The Mountains of Ireland; Batsford, London 1955.
Mary McGarry ed; Great Folk Tales of Old Ireland; illustr Richard Hook; Wolfe, London 1972.
[To Overview Page]
Some navigational notes:
In general, if you click on the 'Back' button it will bring to to the
point of departure in the module from which you came; this may be
different from those listed at the bottom. Even if the module from
which you came is listed at the bottom, it is still
preferable to use the 'back' button, because the explicit bottom-of-page
hot-spot will return you to the beginning of the module, and you
will have to scroll down to get back to where you were.